Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
KFMB (TV) San Diego
See details here.
Posted 1/21/21 by GS
KOCT Oceanside Cable TV Channel
Part-time as needed. Will consider an intern or occasional professional engineer.
Reports directly to the Executive Director
- Make improvements and repairs to the community television channel system, including, but not exclusively, the onsite production studio, the production truck, the HD and SD automation systems, video streaming channels, message board system, sound systems and production equipment.
- Make improvements and repairs to the KOCT IT systems and equipment, including, but not exclusively, Mac Edit Suites, data/internet networks, digital media storage, security systems and Wi-Fi network.
- Work closely with master control to monitor and maintain the quality of the airing and streaming of channels. Provide instruction for fixing any interruptions to channel programming and live events.
- Assist with remote LIVE broadcasts.
- Prepare and manage long- and short-range capital improvement plans.
- Update and create documentation for new equipment installs.
- Monitor and provide documentation of network and access points.
- Other assigned duties as needed.Required Qualifications:
- Five years of recent related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broadcasting, IT background or AV experience.
- Public access television experience helpful, but not required.Required Skills:
- Public servant orientation and strong customer service focus.
- Effective problem solver; able to identify and resolve problems efficiently, gather and analyzeinformation skillfully, and develop alternative solutions.
- Develop project plans, coordinate projects, communicate changes and progress, and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge base and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and ‘hands-on’ as needed.
- Possess very strong computer skills, as well as, excellent written and verbal communicationskills.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
- Exhibit the highest standards of professionalism at all times including a focus on end-goals andadherence to budget and schedule.
- Ability, through the use of influence, to help create a great work environment thatencourages creativity, independence and open feedback.Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Requires vision (which may be corrected) to read small print.
- Requires mobility of arms to reach and dexterity of hands to grasp and manipulate smallobjects. Lower body mobility may not be required.
- Performs lifting, pushing and/or pulling which does not exceed 50 pounds and is an infrequentaspect of the job.
- May be subject to inside/outside environmental conditions.
- May be required to work at a video display terminal for prolonged periods.
- May be required to work occasional nights and weekends.
Contact Carly Starr, CStarr@koct.org.
Posted 11/18/2020 by GS
Part-time Service Technician
- Conduct proof testing on products sold before shipment to customers.
- Repair solid-state FM transmitters to component-level, including, but not limited to power amplifier stages and switching power supplies.
- Set-up of high power medical application RF systems.
Skills and Competencies
- The ideal candidate would be an experienced RF technician.
- Working knowledge and experience with RF amplifiers and switching power supplies is required.
Contact Dennis Pieri at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 239-8462.
Posted 9/5/2020 by GS
Send your openings to email@example.com.