Broadcast Systems Engineer
KFMB San Diego
KFMB Stations – a TEGNA media company located in San Diego, CA – is looking for an experienced Broadcast/IT Engineer for KFMB’s television and/or radio properties. KFMB Stations encompasses 2 television stations (CBS 8 and The CW San Diego) as well as 2 radio stations (KFMB-FM and KFMB-AM) in San Diego.
This position will be responsible for troubleshooting and providing technical engineering as well as IT support for our television and radio stations as well as other departments and/or other on-air operations.
More details and application here.
Posted 8/10/19 GS
Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
KGTV/EW Scripps, San Diego
Details and application here.
Posted 7/17/19 GS
RF Specialties Inc., San Diego
- Represent RF Specialties of California in promoting the sale of top tier Broadcast Radio Equipment.
- Meet with potential customers to discuss new requirements or upgrades and prepare solutions
- Research equipment options and with the help of RF Specialties, prepare price quotations.
- Attend industry meetings and trade shows like the Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE) to maintain visibility and support RF Specialties.
Skills and Competencies
- The ideal candidate would be a Freelance, Consulting, or Contract Radio Broadcast Engineer with the following set of skills:
- A good practical knowledge of Radio Station and Transmission systems is a requirement. AM, FM, HD Radio, AoIP, STL’s, satellite distribution and emergency alert messaging.
- A working knowledge of industry FCC regulations and code of practices.
- Knowledge of current ‘state of the art’ practices.
- Intimate familiarity with leading industry brands, Nautel, Dielectric, Shively, Jampro, ERI, Inovonics, Wheatstone, Orban, GatesAir, Commscope, Crown, Ecreso, Worldcast, Burk, Microwave filter, SWR, Middle Atlantic, Belar, Bird, Bext, Comrex, Digital Alert Systems, Davicom, EMR, Kintronic, Marti, Nicom, Cambium, Moseley, Myat, Omnia, RFS, Rohn, Telos..etc.
- The ability to confidently advise and recommend suitable equipment to broadcasters.
- Usual practical knowledge of Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint , Adobe and RF propagation software.
The successful candidate would be an accomplished engineer with an outgoing personality, a flair for sales, and the ability to connect with other engineers and personnel at all levels of a Radio Broadcast operation.
Contact Dennis Pieri at email@example.com or (619) 239-8462.
Posted 7/18/19 by GS
Field Broadcast Engineer
EMF Southern California & Las Vegas NV
As a Field Engineer for EMF Broadcasting, K-LOVE/Air1 Media, here’s what you will be doing…
- Evaluate the overall technical operation of facilities within the Southern California & Las Vegas territory, and take corrective action as needed, to ensure equipment is functioning.
- Install, maintain, and repair broadcast equipment (such as audio processors and mixers).
- Install and maintain microwave and satellite equipment.
- Regularly operate equipment that regulates the signal strength, clarity, and sound.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable FCC rules and regulations and ensure all equipment within the area of responsibility is operating safely and legally.
- Analyze and fix technical faults on equipment and systems to the module level.
- Partner with contract engineers to resolve technical problems.
- Occasionally, carry out work on non-broadcast equipment (such as electrical generators, air conditioning units, light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, etc.) as conditions dictate.
- Make trips to sites to perform installations or repairs; and EMF headquarters for training or special projects. The length of these trips varies depending on the specific needs.
- If assigned, serve as Chief Operator/Engineer for one or more broadcast station(s).
To qualify for this position, here’s what you’ll need….
- 5+ years’ experience troubleshooting and repairing radio broadcast electronic equipment
- Good understanding of the components necessary in a broadcast air-chain
- Understanding of satellite technology
- Understanding of radio frequency emissions
- Ability to solder and desolder electronic components
- Knowledge of applicable, broadcast-related FCC rules and regulations
- Proficiency using standard broadcast test equipment, such as VOMs, oscilloscopes, and RF spectrum analyzers.
- SBE Certification highly desirable
- Candidates currently residing in the San Bernardino, Riverside, Yucaipa area preferred.
- Must pass a pre-employment background & reference check.
- Must provide proof of legal authorization to work in the US.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle report.
You will be immediately considered and responded to within 2 days.
Posted 4/30/19 by GS
Send your openings to firstname.lastname@example.org.