Daniel Loeffer of Mayah presents “The technology and implementation of Audio over IP using N/ACIP/SIP for real time audio broadcast radio/ENG for multi-codex vendors. ( Telos, Comrex, Tieline, etc.).”
”Unlike ISDN, which was very simple and reliable, IP however, raises new issues for reliable and quality audio over IP transmission for radio and ENG. (ISDN is fading from the market gradually due to costs and availability). Factors that influence effective Audio over IP that will be discussed as follows:”
- CODEC and compression algorithms: latency, quality and bit rates
- N/ACIP and SIP protocol for connectively to all codecs including Telos, Comrex, Tieline and others)
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), RTP and Voice-over-IP
- ADSL vs. SDSL QOS (Quality of Service) for internet transmission
- Remote audio over IP: 3G/4G, WLAN, BGAN.
Join us Wednesday, May 11, from noon to 1:30PM at TV Magic, 8112 Engineer Road, in Kearny Mesa, San Diego. Mayah Communications will graciously provide a lunch. As always, members and guests are welcome.